If you don’t feel like bookmarking a page, or if you see a quote you love and want to share with a friend, you can take a screenshot, upload it to your computer, and share the image with your intended audience.
For anyone interested in making this happen, here’s how you do it.
5 Steps for Taking a Screenshot on the PaperWhite
1. Turn on your Kindle and find the page you want to capture
2. Firmly tap opposing corners of the screen (upper right and bottom left or upper left and bottom right) simultaneously
3. The screen will flash (the page will briefly go dark, then return to normal) and the screenshot is saved
4. Plug the USB cord into your kindle and upload the image onto your computer
5. Drag the image file onto your desktop and save
So there you have it. Five simple steps for a screenshot on your Kindle Paperwhite.
It seems as if there is no way to access the image directly on your Kindle, which is a bit annoying, but for anyone who is truly determined to share screenshots, you can take a bunch while you’re reading and then upload them to your computer the next time you plug it in.